TeslaWatt facility has completed preparations for the summer to further increase the safety of your miners, making them tightly sealed for any summer.
For insulation, it was used the highest energy efficiencies quality of Johns Manville Company’s 2” AP Foil-Faced, Polyiso Continuous Insulation foam, which provides one of the higher R-values per inch of any other insulation foam, exceptional heat, moisture, and air control to protect our facility and:
1. Improves energy efficiency,
2. Exceptional thermal consistency,
3. Water resistive barrier,
4. Air barrier,
5. Vapor retarder,
6. Acoustical control.
The foam has zero Ozone depletion potential (ODP) and no global warming potential. This is the most commonly used product in North America and has been cited by the EPA for its responsible environmental impact.
This type of foam complies with the following standards and model codes ICC-ESR-3398, CCMC 13104-L:
1. ASTM 1289, Type 1, class 1 and 2,
2. CAN/ULC-S 704, Type 1, Class 1,
3. ASTM E84 Flame spread index 25 or less 4.5 inches,
4. ASTM E84 smoke-developed index 450 or less 4.5 inches,
5. CAN/ ULC -S102 Flame spread rating less than 500,
6. IBC International building code (2009, 2012, 2015, 2018), section 2603
7. IBC International building code (2009, 2012, 2015, 2018), section R316
8. IECC International Energy Conservation code (2009, 2012, 2015, 2018)
9. California state Insulation Quality standards.
For sealing, we used an advanced self-sealing polymer block adhesive 6” and 9“ Henry Forty Flash 365 waterproof flashing membrane which is in compliance with AAMA 771, suitable for extreme heat and cold, with a metalized surface barrier against moisture.
As a part of the project, we used professional-quality Premium folded aluminum tape coated with a synthetic rubber adhesive that provides an ideal sealing material.
Benefits: After the insulation process, temperatures dropped several degrees, which reduced the number of overheating units, which was the primary goal, and also improved the visual appearance of the facility.